Student Volunteers Program
Call for Student Volunteers
PASC17 is pleased to announce that submissions for the Student Volunteers Program are now open for the upcoming conference to be held from June 26 to 28 in Lugano.
PASC17 is looking for enthusiastic students who are interested in helping us with the administration of the event. Selected students will be granted a complimentary entrance to the conference.
Undergraduate and graduate student volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Attend technical talks by prominent researchers and industry leaders
- Develop lasting peer connections
- Gain understanding of the aspects involved in the coordination of a large event
When not on duty, student volunteers can attend program sessions, as well as lunches and coffee breaks. If there are specific sessions that a volunteer would particularly like to attend, we invite her/him to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
To show our appreciation we invite all volunteers to participate in a closing dinner on the last day of the event.
Interested students are invited to fill out the google form that can be accessed by clicking on the following link:
Requirements & Responsibilities
We envisage that volunteers will help with tasks such as:
- Reception desk: welcome, register and provide information to participants
- Direct poster authors to the panels reserved for their posters and serve as point of reference to exhibitors
- Move around microphones for questions in the auditorium
- Assist speakers with technology / provide a general check in the room and be ready to call out for help if needed
- May 22, 2017: Submissions close
- June 09, 2017: Acceptance notifications
We look forward to receiving your application!